Department of Surgical Research and Techniques
Date of the written exam: 16/11/2017 18:00 (I/III/IV lecture hall)
I. lecture hall: A1/A2
III. lecture hall: A3/A4
IV. lecture hall: A5
Date of the practical exam: (At the time of your own practice)
A1: 23/11/ 2017 14:00
A2: 22/11/2017. 14:00
A3: 22/11/2017. 10:00
A4: 22/11/2017. 12:00
A5: 21/11/2017. 14:00
BASIC SURGICAL TECHNIQUES OAPMUA General Medicine
Course director: Dr. Gábor JANCSÓ
2 credit ▪ preclinical ▪ autumn ▪ midsemester grade, Number of hours/semester:6 + 22 + 0 = 28
Prerequisite: OAAAA2 completed, OAAEL2 completed
The aim of the subject is to practice the basic surgical techniques, to present hygienic approach, which attainments are indispensable for clinical doctors working in manual field of medicine. This subject provide basics about special behavior in the operating theatre, preparation of the patent and surgical team before operation, surgical tools and instruments, wound management, laparoscopic instruments and techniques.
Conditions for acceptance of the semester: According to the code of studies.
Making up for missed classes: Attendance is obligatory on every practice. Because of limited capacity of operating theatre, absence cannot be repeated by joining another group. One missed practice can be repeated on 11th week of the semester. The exact time will be on the website of the institute (http://soki.aok.pte.hu).
Exam questions: http://soki.aok.pte.hu/
Contact person: Dr. Gábor JANCSÓ JAGMAAO.PTE Tel: 35820
1. Presentation of the Department and the curriculum. The history of surgery. Dr. Gábor JANCSÓ
2. Demonstration of the operating room and technical background, sterilisation,
desinfection. Dr. Nasri ALOTTI
3. Basic surgical tools and surgical materials, wound closure techniques. Dr. Balázs GASZ
4. Classification and managements of wounds, principle of wound-healing, haemorrhage and bleeding control. Dr. Tamás KORENY
5. The operation (acute, elective, patient preoperative management, surgical explorations). Dr. Árpád JUHÁSZ
6. Basics of laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Árpád JUHÁSZ
1. The basic rules of the behavior in the OP, scubbing-gowning-gloving, preparation of the operation area
2. Demonstration of the basic surgical tools, practicing their use.
3. Knot tying.
4. Sutures and suture materials, suture removal.
5. Practicing of basic sutures on pig foot.
6. Practicing of basic sutures on pig foot.
7. Tissue preparation, bleeding control and wound closure on anaesthetized animals.
8. Abdominal wall closure techniques on anaesthetized animals.
9. Basics of laparoscopic surgery, demonstration of laparoscopic surgical tools, training of eye-hand coordination.
10. Laparoscopic training in boxtrainer.
11. Practical exam, skill assessment
1. week Presentation of the Department and the curriculum
2. week Demonstration of the operating room
3. week Basic surgical tools and surgical materials
4. week Classification and managements of wounds
5. week The operation
6. week Basics of laparoscopic surgery
2. week Scrubbing-gowning-gloving
3. week Basic surgical tools
4. week Knot tying
5. week Sutures and suture materials
6. week Practicing of basic sutures on pig foot
7. week Practicing of basic sutures on pig foot
8. week Tissue preparation on anaesthetized animals
9. week Abdominal wall closure on anaesthetized animals
10. week Laparoscopic surgical tools
11. week Laparoscopic training in boxtrainer
12. week Extra practice
13. week Practical exam, skill assessment
14. week Written test