News for students - Friday, 17 February, 2017
International School of Advanced Surgical Skills - Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 14th-21st of July 2017
Does surgery sound appealing to you?
Do you want to know more and try some procedures yourself?
Do you want to make international friends and have a better perspective when it comes to choosing your specialty?
If so, we might be the answer to your questions!
The Romanian Students' Surgical Society (SSCR), Cluj-Napoca Branch, in collaboration with the “Iuliu Hațieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca and the Center for Practical Aptitudes and Simulation in Medicine, invites you between the 14th and the 21st of July 2017, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, to spend 8 unforgettable days learning about surgery, making new friends and discovering a city with almost 2000 years of history!
You will have the opportunity to learn and to put into practice advanced surgical skills that can help you make better decisions regarding your future specialty since you will be familiarized with a lot of procedures and it will also help you determine whether surgery is suitable for you or not. You will start with a basic skills review in order to refresh your memory and afterwards we will help you acquire knowledge and skills in the field of:
- vascular surgery;
- digestive surgery;
- plastic and reconstructive surgery;
- laparoscopic surgery - with simulators and pelvi-trainers, helping you gain real hands-on training.
Finally, you will also acquire some useful skill-sets pertaining not only to a surgeon but to a clinician as well, including:
- oral tracheal intubation and
- internal examinations.
Not to mention, all the above activities will take place in a professional and friendly environment!
Have we caught your attention?
Check out the following website to find out more but don`t forget that submissions end on the 12th of May 2017.
Submissions website: www.sscr.ro/en/isass-ed5
*The prerequisite needed in order to attend this workshop must be one of the following:
1. The applicant has completed a Basic Surgical Skills workshop, in preference the ones organized by the Romanian Students' Surgery Society (this includes The Surgery Summer Camp or The International Surgery Summer School);
2. The applicant has completed the General Surgery Module or any other Surgical Module at his home Faculty;
3. The applicant has completed a month of clinical practice (during summer practice, for example) in a Surgical Department;
The participant must have proof of one of the above mentioned criteria; as it is an advanced surgical skills workshop, basic knowledge regarding surgery is mandatory.