Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2022-2023
Dr. Emőke BÓDIS
Department of Biophysics
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 0 hours
practices: 0 hours
seminars: 24 hours
total of: 24 hours
- Code of subject: OPE-BFA-T
- 2 kredit
- Elective modul
- both semesters
Course headcount limitations
min. 5 – max. 100
Available as Campus course for 100 fő számára. Campus-karok: ÁOK
The course addresses the chapters of physics which are necessary for a proper understanding of Biophysics (lecture and practicals). Beyond theoretical discussions, example problems are solved.
- 1. Mathematical basics. Scalars and vectors
- 2. Physical quantities and units
- 3. Motion on a straight line. Kinematics
- 4. Circular motion.
- 5. Force, Newton's laws.
- 6. Dynamics, types of forces
- 7. Work and energy. Friction.
- 8. Conservation of mechanical energy.
- 9. Rotational motion. Torque.
- 10. Equilibrium.
- 11. Momentum, conservation of momentum
- 12. Angular momentum, conservation of angular momentum
- 13. Oscillations.
- 14. Waves.
- 15. Internal energy, heat, temperature
- 16. 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics.
- 17. Hydrostatics.
- 18. Hydrodynamics.
- 19. Electricity.
- 20. Magnetism.
- 21. Electromagnetic waves.
- 22. Optics.
- 23. Test writing
- 24. Test writing
Literature developed by the Department
Course related information can be found on the website of PotePedia.
As a base, any secondary school physics book is useful.
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 25 % absence allowed
No midterm exam.
Making up for missed classes
There is no option.
Can be found on the website of PotePedia.
The seminar strengthens physics theoretical background and provide further understanding through evaluation of exercises (calculations) hence the written test at the end of the semester includes theoretical questions and exercises.
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars
- Dr. Bódis Emőke
- Dr. Grama László
- Dr. Visegrády Balázs
- Leipoldné Dr. Vig Andrea Teréz