Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2022-2023
Dr. Edina SZABÓ-MELEG
Department of Biophysics
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 14 hours
practices: 14 hours
seminars: 0 hours
total of: 28 hours
- Code of subject: OSA-BZ1-T
- 2 kredit
- Basic modul
Course headcount limitations
min. 5 – max. 200
The course addresses the physical relations between the structure and function of biological systems as well as the physical basis of diagnostic and therapeutic methods. The main topics include mechanics, electricity and thermodynamics.
- 1. Introduction: the significance of physics in dental medicine - Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- 2. Mechanics I.: Basics - Dr. Bugyi Beáta
- 3. Mechanics II.: Statics - Dr. Bugyi Beáta
- 4. Mechanics III.: Oscillations, waves, sound, vibration - Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- 5. Sound, ultrasound - Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- 6. Mechanics IV.: Hydrostatics and hydrodynamics - Karádi Kristóf Kálmán
- 7. Mechanics V.: Mechanics of solids - Karádi Kristóf Kálmán
- 8. Materials science: the most important physical characteristics of metals, ceramics, polymers and composites - Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- 9. Electricity I.: Direct current - Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- 10. Electricity II.: Alternating current - Dr. Talián Csaba Gábor
- 11. Membrane potential, action potential, sensory receptors - Madarász Tamás
- 12. Thermodynamics I. - Dr. Lukács András Szilárd
- 13. Thermodynamics II. - Dr. Lukács András Szilárd
- 14. Diffusion, osmosis - Halász Henriett
- 1. Introduction. Laboratory safety rules, work protection.
- 2. Mathematical basics. Work in the laboratory
- 3. Mechanics I.
- 4. Mechanics II.
- 5. Spectroscopy
- 6. Viscosity
- 7. Direct current measurements
- 8. Alternating current measurements
- 9. Electrical conductance measurements
- 10. Thermodynamics
- 11. Fluid flow
- 12. Consultation
- 13. Consultation
- 14. Consultation
Tölgyesi, Derka, Módos (eds.): Physical Bases of Dental Material Science, Budapest, 2012.
Damjanovich Sándor, Fidy Judit, Szöllősi János (eds.): Medical Biophysics, Medicina, Budapest, 2009.
Biophysics Practicals - Laboratory Manual, Pécs University Press
Literature developed by the Department
Online materials on PotePedia (https://potepedia.coursegarden.com/) and MS Teams (www.office.com)
An Introduction to Biophysics (with medical orientation) (Györgyi Rontó and Imre Tarján editors) Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 25 % absence allowed
During the semester the students write mid-term test or can take an exam from the practical part. Based on the result the students can be exempted from some parts of the colloquium.
Making up for missed classes
Acceptance of the semester: presence at least 75% of the lectures. Completion and proper documentation of each laboratory practice and approval thereof by the course instructor. Maximum 2 absences from practices are allowed. Students are not allowed to be late from the practicals. Being late counts as an absence. Missed practices can be made up on the basis of discussion with the lab instructor.
Exam topics and questions can be found on PotePedia (https://potepedia.coursegarden.com/) and MS Teams (www.office.com).
- Dr. Huber Tamás
- Dr. Kengyel András Miklós
- Dr. Lukács András Szilárd
- Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- Dr. Telek Elek
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars
- Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- Ghadaksaz Alireza
- Tempfliné Pirisi Katalin Erzsébet
- Zalai Zsófia