Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2020-2021
Dr. Tímea VARJAS (firstname.lastname@example.org), assistant professor
Department of Public Health Medicine
Code of subject: OAF-KPR-T | 1 credit | General Medicine | Optional module | spring
Number of hours/semester
12 lectures + 0 practices + 0 seminars = total of 12 hours
Course headcount limitations
min. 1 – max. 20 person
Available as Campus course for 20 student(s). Campus-faculties:
ÁOK GYTK TTK
Chemoprevention is the administration of natural or (semi)synthetic agents to prevent, inhibit, or delay the progression of chronic diseases. The focus is on cancer chemoprevention.
The way from a potent agent to a chemopreventive strategy will also be discussed.
Involving (chemo)preventive interventions in every-day practice could spare valuable life years.
- 1. Introduction - Chemoprevention as a preventive strategy - Dr. Szabó István
- 2. Introduction - Chemoprevention as a preventive strategy - Dr. Szabó István
- 3. Finding evidence - Dr. Szabó István
- 4. Finding evidence - Dr. Szabó István
- 5. Interventing chronic diseases - Dr. Szabó István
- 6. Interventing chronic diseases - Dr. Szabó István
- 7. Chemopreventive strategies - antioxidants - Dr. Szabó István
- 8. Actualities of antioxidants - Dr. Szabó István
- 9. Natural chemopreventive agents - Dr. Szabó István
- 10. Natural chemopreventive agents - Dr. Szabó István
- 11. Chemopreventive dietary factors - Dr. Szabó István
- 12. Chemopreventive dietary factors - Dr. Szabó István
Literature developed by the Department
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Absences should not exceed 15% of lectures and practicals (2x45 min). Otherwise signature of grade book is denied.
Making up for missed classes
based on individual consideration
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars