Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2020-2021
Dr. Tímea VARJAS (email@example.com), assistant professor
Department of Public Health Medicine
Code of subject: OAF-HHE-T | 1 credit | General Medicine | Optional module | spring
Number of hours/semester
12 lectures + 0 practices + 0 seminars = total of 12 hours
Course headcount limitations
min. 1 – max. 20 person
Available as Campus course for 20 student(s). Campus-faculties:
ÁOK GYTK TTK
Importance of waste treatment and management is unquestionable. Vast amounts of waste is produced every day even in our close environment. The course searches what happens with the the garbage after it is thrown out. The course mainly focuses on the health effects of different types of waste one can get in contact with.
- 1. Basics of waste management - Dr. Szabó István
- 2. Main categories of waste - Dr. Szabó István
- 3. Waste collection and transportation - Dr. Szabó István
- 4. Waste handling - physical and chemical procedures - Dr. Szabó István
- 5. Waste handling - physical and chemical procedures - Dr. Szabó István
- 6. Biological waste handling - Dr. Szabó István
- 7. Waste incineration - Dr. Szabó István
- 8. Waste deponation - Dr. Szabó István
- 9. Hazardous waste management - Dr. Szabó István
- 10. Hazardous waste management - Dr. Szabó István
- 11. Waste from Healthcare - Dr. Szabó István
- 12. Other special waste categories - Dr. Szabó István
Literature developed by the Department
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Test after the last lecture.
Making up for missed classes
2x45 minutes of absence is allowed.
Test from the lecture slides.
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars