A Tantárgybejelentőben megadott hivatalos adatok az alábbi tanévre: 2020-2021
Dr. Norbert WIEGAND
Department of Traumatology and Hand Surgery
előadás: 4 óra
gyakorlat: 8 óra
szeminárium: 0 óra
összesen: 12 óra
- Kód: OXE-HTK-h-T
- 1 kredit
- General Medicine
- Elective modul
ODA-NEA-T completed , ODP-SPR-T completed , ODK-TRA-T completed
min. 4 fő – max. 12 fő
The aim of the course is to improve the participants" surgical manual skills in the field of traumatology. Therefore, the course would focus not only on the theoretical knowledge, but also on the manual practice of advanced surgical procedures. The level of knowledge is expected to be achieved by the end of the course exceeds the standards of 4th year basic traumatology curriculum. As preparation to the course, all participants are expected to learn the online available pre-course teaching materials.
In the first part of the course, students will learn the indication and then, manually practice different types of special cast fixation techniques. As part of the manual skill practice, participants will exercise the application of casts with special indication (Bennett-, Desault- and Böhler-cast, splinting after Achilles-tendon injury, etc.). Participants could also exercise the use of up-to-date fiberglass and thermoplastic fixation methods.
During the second part of the course, participants will learn the up-to-date operative management of excessive, contaminated soft tissue injuries. Attendees to the course exercise the step-by-step operative management of damaged, contaminated soft tissue injuries (wound cleaning, excision of damaged tissue, preparation layer-by-layer into the full depth of the artificial wound, reconstruction of viable elements) on porcine extremity. Additionally, course participants will be able to practice the partial coverage of the remaining soft tissue defect by (skin) flap transposition.
Importantly, the opportunity of manual practice will be provided to all participants of the course.
- 1. History of conservative fracture treatment. Indications and limitations of special types of cast fixation methods. - Dr. Wiegand Norbert
- 2. Detailed presentation of modern cast fixation techniques. Application of braces and ortheses. - Dr. Nőt László Gergely
- 3. Principles of wound treatment. Therapeutic principles of wounds with contamination and excessive soft tissue damage. - Dr. Patczai Balázs
- 4. Management of excessive soft tissue defects. Preparation of different type of flaps. - Dr. Lázár István
- 1. Practical exercise of basic cast fixation techniques. Demonstration of "tricks and tips".
- 2. Practice of the application of special cast types I. (Deasult-, Böhler-, Bennett-cast, etc)
- 3. Practice of the application of fiberglass and thermoplastic cast fixation methods.
- 4. Written (multiple choice test, 25 questions) and practical exam (application of cast)
- 5. Practical exercise of the basics of wound treatment on porcine extremity.
- 6. Practice of the management of contaminated wounds with excessive soft tissue damage.
- 7. Treatment of soft tissue defects with preparation of flaps (Wolfe-Krauze flap) on porcine extremity.
- 8. Written (multiple choice test, 25 questions) and practical exam (treatment of contaminated wounds)
A tananyag elsajátításához szükséges segédanyagok
Oxford Handbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma (Oxford Medical Handbooks)
Saját oktatási anyag
online pre-course material
Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics, 12th edition, Elsevier
Green's Operative Hand Surgery, Elsevier
A félév elfogadásának feltételei
Since the course requires the knowledge of basic principles of plaster fixation and certain manual skills, such as the basics of wound treatment, therefore, the requirement for application to the course is the successful accomplishment of 4th year traumatology exam.
Távolmaradás pótlásának lehetőségei
In case of absence, there is no other opportunity to accomplish the practical exercises and the participant needs to repeat the course to acquire the credits for it.
The written exam (multiple choice test with 25 questions) is based on the teaching material of the lectures and seminars.
The practical exam contains: after the first part: application one of the previously practiced cast types (Bennett-, Desault-, Böhler-cast, splinting after Achilles-tendon injury, etc.) and
after the second part: demonstration of the precise surgical management of a contaminated, damaged wound on porcine extremity. On both practical exams, the score will be determined by a committee formed of 3 lecturers of the course.
Gyakorlatok, szemináriumok oktatói
- Dr. Kungl Jusztina
- Dr. Lázár István
- Dr. Nőt László Gergely
- Dr. Pankaczi Zsófia
- Dr. Patczai Balázs
- Dr. Szabó Tamás
- Dr. Wiegand Norbert