Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2022-2023
Dr. Edina SZABÓ-MELEG
Department of Biophysics
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 0 hours
practices: 0 hours
seminars: 12 hours
total of: 12 hours
- Code of subject: OSE-SD2-T
- 1 kredit
- Elective modul
OSA-BZ1-T completed , OSA-BZ2-T parallel
Course headcount limitations
min. 3 – max. 100
The objective of the course is to advance the acquisition of knowledge andskills related to Dental Biophysics 2. Object-oriented discussions and problem solving sessions are organised in interactive small-group seminars.
- 1. Atom and quantum physics
- 2. Types of ionizing radiations, interaction of radioactive radiations with the matter
- 3. Dosimery, biological effects of radioactive radiations, radiation protection, problem solving
- 4. Geometrical optics (lenses, mirrors in dentistry, bases of microscopy)
- 5. Electromagnetic waves
- 6. Spectroscopy in dentistry
- 7. Gamma camera, SPECT, PET, isotopes in dentistry
- 8. Special dental diagnostic techniques
- 9. Laser
- 10. Application of lasers
- 11. Practicing
- 12. Consultation
Tölgyesi, Derka, Módis (eds.): Physical Bases of Dental Material Science, Budapest, 2012.
Literature developed by the Department
Materials related to seminars can be found on PotePedia and MS Teams.
Damjanovich, Fidy, Szöllősi (eds.): Medical Biophysics, Medicina, Budapest, 2009.
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 25 % absence allowed
There will be no midterm test.
Making up for missed classes
None. Based on previous agreement with the lecturer the student can attend the seminar with another group another day on the same week. Two absences are allowed.
Exam topics and be found on PotePedia and MS Teams
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars
- Dr. Szabó-Meleg Edina
- Dr. Turzó Kinga Mónika
- Halász Henriett
- Madarász Tamás