Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2023-2024
Dr. László PÓTÓ
Institute of Bioanalysis
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 6 hours
practices: 6 hours
seminars: 0 hours
total of: 12 hours
- Code of subject: OAE-OIN-T
- 1 kredit
- General Medicine
- Elective modul
Course headcount limitations
min. 5 – max. 18
Medical Informatics is a multidisciplinary topic
There is a need from students however focusing on knowledge and skills which are helping their studies on daily basis. Learning at universities require word-processing data-handling and presentation skills which are highly above the level learned and practiced at earlier educations e.g. secondary schools.
You may collect and practice knowledge and skills in informatics for creating home assignments, lectures, class presentations, student research work or even your thesis on this course - focusing definitely on daily practice level.
- 1. Main structural components of complex written assignments. Section formatting, headings, page nunbers, references. - Dr. Pótó László
- 2. Complex written documents - part 2. Using styles. Contents. Reference list. Figures and tables. - Dr. Pótó László
- 3. Excel and SPSS tables and data transformations. Using functions. - Dr. Pótó László
- 4. Creating figures. Formatting the most frequent charts in Excel and SPSS. - Dr. Pótó László
- 5. Main parts of a scientific lecture. The size and the structure of it. - Dr. Pótó László
- 6. Figures and tables in a presentation / slide show. Animation. - Dr. Pótó László
- 1. Section formatting, headings, page numbers, references.
- 2. Using styles. Contents. Reference list. Figures and tables.
- 3. Excel and SPSS tables and data transformations. Using functions.
- 4. Creating figures. Formatting the most frequent charts in Excel and SPSS.
- 5. Main parts of a scientific lecture. The size and the structure of it.
- 6. Figures and tables in a presentation / slide show. Animation.
Literature developed by the Department
Exercises attached to the classes.
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Max 1 lesson absence
Active participation on the classes.
Making up for missed classes
One extra class.
A home-work assignment to submit - using the knowledge and skills learned and practiced on the course.
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars
- Dr. Pótó László