Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2023-2024
Dr. László PÓTÓ
Institute of Bioanalysis
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 12 hours
practices: 0 hours
seminars: 0 hours
total of: 12 hours
- Code of subject: OAF-MLY-T
- 1 kredit
- General Medicine
- Optional modul
- both semesters
Course headcount limitations
min. 5 – max. 12
The course goal is to help to students to prepare their student research or thesis job. The first step is to select the topic. The best way to this is overview the relevant scientific literature of the given field of interest. It should be found typically a few dozen of fresh scientific paper and process them. The best statistical method is for this processing is the meta-analysis. There will be double results of that:
- It can be seen which examined questions were answered on a statistically proved way and which ones are still open. The later ones are good candidates for selecting as a topic for your research; not only as a thesis but as a potential PhD topic as well.
- On the other side it can be discovered some pitfalls which were causing the failed results of some jobs. To correct them is another potential job for a thesis work.
You can study the potential and use of the meta analysis methods in this course:
- Which data should be collected and how can you analyse them?
- What are the critical points of the meta-analysis standard methods?
- Interpret the results and make your conclusions.
- 1. Basic features of medical research studies. - Dr. Pótó László
- 2. Medical publications - published data. - Dr. Pótó László
- 3. Find some relevant paper for a sample study - Dr. Pótó László
- 4. Find some relevant paper for a sample study - Dr. Pótó László
- 5. Basic principles of the meta-analysis. - Dr. Pótó László
- 6. Basic principles of the meta-analysis. - Dr. Pótó László
- 7. Data collection and input data forms of a meta-analysis - Dr. Pótó László
- 8. Data collection and input data forms of a meta-analysis - Dr. Pótó László
- 9. Meta analysis methods - part 1 - Dr. Pótó László
- 10. Meta analysis methods - part 2 - Dr. Pótó László
- 11. Results and conclusion options - Dr. Pótó László
- 12. Results and conclusion options - Dr. Pótó László
5-10 papers from the library, department, tutor ... collected by the student.
Literature developed by the Department
Other materials (sample papers and research plan, ...) supplied by the tutor.
Any statistical book from the design of studies and data evaluation.
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 15 % absence allowed
Conduct your research job and present it week by week on the course.
Making up for missed classes
One extra class
Active participation and prepare and submit your own research work.