The International Studies Center was founded more than 30 years ago in 1987, and has been working as an institute of the Medical School since 2011. The former head of ISC, Mrs. Ella Álmos-Kajdy, LL.M., had a vision of a highly professional, still protective & caring community to prepare young students for degree studies. It is available now in the brand new Damjanich Campus with a most exclusive adjacent dormitory in splendid surroundings close to the historic part of Pécs. Dr. Reza Hemmati has been appointed the Director of ISC.
- offering pre-university specialized preparatory courses in English with different study tracks in pre-medical / pre-business / pre-humanities / pre-science / pre-engineering fields;
- offering language courses in English at various levels;
- offering language courses in Hungarian as a foreign language;
- developing foreign-language preparatory programmes for study-abroad students: if you plan to study in Hungary, in Pécs at ISC you can choose from a wide range of courses starting from a two-week-long course to a year-long study programme;
- focusing on both English & Hungarian language development to prepare participants for successful admission to academic degree programs of the University of Pécs;
- small seminar groups with expert teachers who also introduce our students to campus life;
- students enjoy extracurricular activities in sports, arts and music, and are able to take part in campus visits & cultural travel;
- university counselling is provided to assist with application to the University of Pécs;
- students gain an insider’s perspective on higher education in our country while getting the chance to experience and enjoy campus life & dormitories.
Enthusiastic participants are invited to join an intensive course of Hungarian within the framework of the Hungarian Language and Culture Summer University in Pécs in July – August each year, or attend the 90-minute semester courses twice a week during term-time.
Further information about the English preparatory courses:
Further information about the Hungarian preparatory courses:
developing course materials
ISC has been developing course materials and coursebooks following the Model-based Teaching Methodology: the MagyarOK textbook family has won the European Language Award for Innovation.
Further information about teaching materials:
Further information about teachers’ training sessions: