Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2023-2024
Dr. Gábor István PETHŐ
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 10 hours
practices: 0 hours
seminars: 0 hours
total of: 10 hours
- Code of subject: OTF-GST-T
- 1 kredit
- Biotechnology BSc
- Optional modul
Course headcount limitations
min. 5 – max. 50
The aim of the course is to present those fields of pharmacology that are not covered at all or only partially discussed in the compulsory courses Pharmacology 1-2-3 because of time limits. These are the following: use of drugs during pregnancy and lactation; significance of pharmacogenomics in therapy and drug development, pharmacology of retinoids; use of meta-analysis in evaluation of drugs, clinical significance of basic pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic parameters; special aspects of drugs used by inhalation, pharmacology of contrast media, drugs and chirality. The course wishes to contribute to a better understanding of the use of drugs in the clinical practice and may help students prepare for the pharmacology exams.
- 1. Special aspects of use of drugs during pregnancy and lactation I - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 2. Special aspects of use of drugs during pregnancy and lactation II - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 3. Significance of pharmacogenomics in therapy and drug development I - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 4. Significance of pharmacogenomics in therapy and drug development II - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 5. Use of meta-analysis in evaluation of drugs - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 6. Drugs and chirality - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 7. Clinical significance of pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic parameters on the example of drugs used in respiratory diseases I - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 8. Clinical significance of pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic parameters on the example of drugs used in respiratory diseases II - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 9. Pharmacology of retinoids - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
- 10. Pharmacology of contrast media - Dr. Pethő Gábor István
Literature developed by the Department
The material of the lectures is available in PDF format in the Neptun.
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 25 % absence allowed
After the last lecture of the course, a written test is taken in the instruction period to obtain a mid-semester grade. Those who fail or do not write this test have a second chance until the end of Week 12 of the instruction period to improve in form of an oral conversation. Upon failing or missing there is one more oral chance to obtain a mid-semester grade during the first two weeks of the exam period.
Making up for missed classes
There is no way to make up for missed lectures.
No exam questions are given. The essay questions of the written exam are based on the material presented.