Offizielle Daten in der Fachveröffentlichung für das folgende akademische Jahr: 2022-2023
Dr. Lajos BOTZ
Department of Pharmaceutics and University Pharmacy
- Kode des Kurses: OPG-GI1-T
- 2 kredit
- Pharmaceutical Science and Pharmacy modul
Zahl der Kursteilnehmer für den Kurs:
min. 5 – max. 50
The basic aims of the course are to provide fundamental knowledge of pharmaceutics and gain insight into the pharmaceutical profession. The subject will support further studies and the summer professional practice by improving vocabulary, professional knowledge, etc.. Further goals are to draw the attention of students towards specific topics (professionalism, roles of pharmacists in healthcare) of pharmacy, to help students gain interest in practical aspects of pharmaceutical work and to introduce further professional studies.
The course gives an overview of the basic principles of pharmacy and pharmaceuticals. Definitions of the different groups of pharmaceuticals, synopsis of the process of drug development, evolution and role of pharmacopoeias, sites and aims of manufacturing, the role of community,hospital and clinical pharmacies. During the semester several on-site visits will be organized to familiarize students with the different fields of the profession
Attendance of, and active participation in the lectures, furthermore understanding of given topics are the basic requirements of completing the course. Students may be required hold short presentations regarding a previously discussed topic or complete individual tasks during the semester, and shall attend the on site visits organized by the Institute. Topics discussed during the lectures, but not included in the notes/books will also be included in the tests. Students can access the slides of the lectures and further reading material on a designated web based interface (e.g. MS Teams or/and Neptun Meet Street).
- 1. Introduction to Basic Principles of Pharmacy. Pharmacy as a profession 1. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 2. Pharmacy as a profession 2. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 3. Product categories - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 4. Routes of administration - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 5. Classification and names of drugs - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 6. Pharmacopoieas and formularies - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 7. Prescription and labelling - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 8. Latin terms and pharmaceutical calculations - Dr. Somogyi-Végh Anna
- 9. Structure and tasks of community pharmacy: On site visit 1. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 10. Structure and tasks of community pharmacy: On site visit 2. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 11. Midterm test - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 12. Manufacturing of medicines. GMP. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 13. Development of evidence based approach. History of clinical trials 1. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 14. Development of evidence based approach. History of clinical trials 2. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 15. Research and development of medicines. Clinical trials 1. - Dr. Vida Róbert György
- 16. Research and development of medicines. Clinical trials 2. - Dr. Vida Róbert György
- 17. University Pharmacy: Getting to know dosage forms 1. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 18. University Pharmacy: Getting to know dosage forms 2. - Dr. Mayer Anna
- 19. Clinical Pharmacy On site visit 1. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 20. Clinical Pharmacy On site visit 2. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 21. History of Pharmacy and Medicine: Ancient and medieval times I. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 22. History of Pharmacy and Medicine: Ancient and medieval times II. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 23. History of Pharmacy and Medicine 2.: Early modern World - XIX. Century I. - Dr. Somogyi-Végh Anna
- 24. History of Pharmacy and Medicine 3.: XX. And XXI. Century II. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 25. Roles of pharmacy studens during summer practice - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 26. Administration of pharmacy practices - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 27. End-of-the term test 1. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
- 28. End-of-the term test 2. - Dr. Fittler András Tamás
Materialien zum Aneignen des Lehrstoffes
Vom Institut veröffentlichter Lehrstoff
All presentations can be downloaded from online educational platforms e.g. MS Teams and/or Neptun Meet Street.
Christopher A Langley, Dawn Belcher: Applied Pharmaceutical Practice, 2nd edition, Pharmaceutical Press 2012
Medicines, Ethics and Practice: The Professional Guide for Pharmacists, 36th edition, Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 2012
Judith A Rees, BPharm, Ian Smith and Jennie Watson: Pharmaceutical Practice, 5th Edition. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2014.
Voraussetzung zum Absolvieren des Semesters
• Regular attendance of classes (maximum 25 % of absence is accepted),
• Assignments given in class should be carried out during term-time, and
• mid-term and end-of-the term test must be written/taken. Passing the mid-term test is not obligatory for semester acceptance; however advisable as you will likely have better results for the end-of-the-term test. There is no retake opportunity only for the mid-term test.
Mid-term tests: During the semester a mid-term test will be written. In case of unsuccessful or missed test, additional questions will be added to the end-of-the-term test. The number of additional questions may vary regarding the number of unsuccessful or missed mid-term tests. There is no re-examination opportunity for the unsuccessful or missed mid-term tests.
End-of-the-term test: On the last week of the semester, a test will be written on the whole semester's curriculum. Further additional questions are included in the end-of-the-term test, if the student has not carried out an assignment during the semester. The number of these questions may vary according to the unsuccessful or missed assignments. In case of unsuccessful or missed end-of-the term test, one re-examination opportunity is granted to make up until the end of the second week of the exam period. In case of Basic Principles of Pharmacy there is midsemester grade.
Möglichkeiten zur Nachholung der Fehlzeiten
Retake opportunity is possible following personal discussion for the end-of-the term test.
End-of-the-term test is organized in Neptun Unipoll at the regular time of lectures. The test will be on the whole semester’s curriculum. Additional questions can be included in the end-of-the-term test, if the student has not carried out an assignment during the semester or in case of unsuccessful midterm test. Students will be provided retake opportunities only for the end-of-the term test by the end of the second week of the exam period.
In case of Basic Principles of Pharmacy there is midsemester grade. The end-of-the term test grade will have the greatest impact on the midsemester grade.
Assessment of the student performance is carried out according to a five-grade scale: 100-86,1% -excellent (5); 86-77,1% -good (4); 77-68,1% -satisfactory (3); 68-60,1% -pass (2); and below 60,0% -fail (1) respectively.