Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2019-2020
Dr. Ádám FELDMANN (firstname.lastname@example.org), assistant professor
Department of Behavioural Sciences
Code of subject: OAF-NMN-T | 1 credit | General Medicine | Optional module | autumn
Number of hours/semester
0 lectures + 0 practices + 12 seminars = total of 12 hours
Course headcount limitations
min. 1 – max. 10 person
The aim of the course is to give an introduction to structural and functional MRI methods in field of neuropsychology. The students will be introduced to methods of fMRI experimental planning and statistical analysis.
- 1. Functional MRI and sMRI basics, softwares, file formats, data types
- 2. Experimental planning
- 3. Preprocessing steps in a single case and multiple case studies using SPM.
- 4. Functional MRI statistics (individual and group analyses) using SPM.
- 5. Controlling nuisance variables using SPM.
- 6. Cognitive functional network analysis using SPM.
- 7. History of neuroimaging, elements.
- 8. fMRI and sMRI basics.
- 9. Experimental design (block design).
- 10. Advanced experimental design (event-related fMRI).
- 11. Preprocessing steps and statistical analysis (hypothesis and data-driven methods).
- 12. Mapping cognitive functional networks and complex studies
Literature developed by the Department
Materials are available on Neptun MeetStreet
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 25 % absence allowed
Making up for missed classes
Should be discussed with the course tutor in each individual case.
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars