Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2023-2024
Dr. Boróka GÁCS
research associate professor,
Department of Behavioural Sciences
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 0 hours
practices: 0 hours
seminars: 12 hours
total of: 12 hours
- Code of subject: OAF-PP1-T
- 1 kredit
- General Medicine
- Optional modul
Course headcount limitations
min. 5 – max. 20
The aim of the course (as part of the PotePillars) is to enable students in the basic module to acquire effective learning strategies and career socialisation resources specific to university learning, i.e., to strengthen their engagement to university and career. By providing the right tools and resources, the course aims to support the reduction of drop-out rates and the development of higher quality and more knowledgeable medical education. The course will provide students with a general introduction to the course and a specific introduction to the subjects they find most difficult. They can also explore their own career motivations, learn some simple techniques for stress management and concentration, and acquire exercises that can increase their long-term engagement to their career and the university. The course is aimed at students who want to learn the tools they need to learn and perform effectively, and to become a doctor, to better achieve and maintain a good work-life balance.
- 1. Evidence-based learning strategies
- 2. Evidence-based learning strategies. Learning plan.
- 3. Evidence-based learning strategies. Learning plan
- 4. Evidence-based learning strategies. Learning plan
- 5. Motivation, stress and learning and preparation strategies for successful examination.
- 6. Motivation, stress and learning and preparation strategies for successful examination.
- 7. The personal foundations of our medical identity and its place in our lives
- 8. Time management and personal responsibility
- 9. The role of lifestyle in learning; relaxation and concentration exercises
- 10. Institutional specialities - How to learn chemistry/ biochemistry?
- 11. Institutional specialities - How to learn chemistry/ biochemistry?
- 12. Institutional specialities - How to learn anatomy?
Course notes on PotePedia, seminar notes.
Literature developed by the Department
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Active participation at seminars; homework; learning plan, self-reflection log. Short test based on the seminars.
Making up for missed classes
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars
- Dr. Csaba Gergely József
- Dr. Fábián Eszter
- Dr. Gács Boróka
- Dr. Horváth-Sarródi Andrea
- Dr. Sparks Jason
- Dr. Takátsy Anikó
- Dr. Varga Zsuzsanna
- Hartung István