Official data in SubjectManager for the following academic year: 2022-2023
Dr. Zoltán UJFALUSI
Department of Biophysics
Number of hours/semester
lectures: 0 hours
practices: 0 hours
seminars: 12 hours
total of: 12 hours
- Code of subject: OAE-BO1-T
- 1 kredit
- General Medicine
- Elective modul
Course headcount limitations
min. 3 – max. 40
The objective of the course is to advance the acquisition of knowledge and skills related to Biophysics 1. Object-oriented discussions and problem solving sessions are organized in interactive small-group seminars.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Basics of quantum physics, Electromagnetic waves, photoelectric effect
- 3. LASER, Absorption photometry
- 4. Fluorescence spectroscopy
- 5. Flow cytometry, X-ray diagnostics, CT
- 6. Infrared and Raman spectroscopy, Thermodynamics
- 7. X-ray, X-ray diffraction
- 8. Diffusion, osmosis
- 9. The cell membrane, resting potential, action potential
- 10. Fluid flow, cardiac biophysics
- 11. Cytoskeletal system, motor proteins, muscle function and regulation
- 12. Test writing
Literature developed by the Department
All handouts and other related materials can be found in the Teams group of the course.
Damjanovich Sándor, Fidy Judit, Szöllősi János (eds.): Medical Biophysics, Medicina, Budapest, 2008
Conditions for acceptance of the semester
Maximum of 15 % absence allowed
There will be no midterm exam.
Making up for missed classes
None. Based on previous agreement with the lecturer the student can attend the seminar with another group, another day on the same week.
On week 12, a single-choice test of 20-30 questions is being written.
The questions of the test focus on the content of the material given at the seminars of the actual semester.
In case of a failed test, we provide the opportunity to write a replacement test in the same week.
Further details can be found in the Teams group of the course.
Instructor / tutor of practices and seminars
- Dr. Szatmári Dávid Zoltán
- Dr. Takács-Kollár Veronika Tünde
- Dr. Telek Elek
- Dr. Ujfalusi Zoltán