Students (credit transfer) and applicants (preliminary credit transfer) of the University of Pécs Medical School (UPMS) may request exemption from the completion of certain obligatory and/or elective, optional courses of the UPMS. The courses completed must be evaluated with a passing grade (or signature, only in case of courses - e.g.: criterion requirements - resulting in signature instead of grades), courses with fail results/without completion cannot be accepted.
We call your attention that at the Faculty in case of recognizing previous studies completed in other Hungarian or foreign higher educational institution
- in the General Medicine major maximum 151 obligatory credits,
- in the Dentistry major maximum 134 obligatory credits,
- in the Biotechnology master training maximum 63 obligatory credits can be recognized for the student out of the total number of obligatory credits of the curriculum.
In case of obligatory subjects the student requests to be recognized, the recognition shall be processed as counting from the lower semesters towards the upper semesters of the recommended curriculum. Within the same student status the total number of recognized credits cannot exceed two-third of the total credit number of the training.
1. Please check the descriptions of the obligatory, elective and optional courses of the University of Pécs Medical School on this website. Find the ones that you would like to be exempted from upon request.
2. Fill in one copy of the Credit Transfer Application Form for your present major and attach your recommended curriculum (prescribed course of your previous studies).
3. For each and every UPMS subject to be credited (accepted upon earlier studies) fill in one copy of the Opinion Form.
4. Along with each opinion form you have to submit an English language copy of your transcript and a detailed description of the course(s) completed. The course description must contain the following information: where and when it was completed, type of exam, grade granted, number of classes (lectures, practices, seminars), detailed list of topics and contact details of a competent administrator of the institute.
5. All pages of the transcript, the curriculum and the course descriptions must be officially attested by your school with original seal and signature and only complete applications shall be processed.
6. Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by sharing the link of the cloud drive where your documents will be saved. The deadline for applications for subjects taught in the fall semester is August 01 or for subjects taught in the spring semester is January 01.
7. If your previous study or practice is from a foreign University (except in case of studies pursued by students of the Medical School in the framework of visiting student status or ERASMUS or other agreements made by the University or the Faculty), you need to pay a credittransfer administration fee, which is 7000 Huf/ subjects. Please wire the transfer process fee of 7000 HUF/subject to the following bank account:
Name of Bank: OTP Dél-dunántúli r., Pécs
Address of bank: 7623 Pécs, Rákóczi út 44.
Account number (IBAN): HU88117310012313537800000000
Swift code of the bank: OTPVHUHB
Students with legal student status have the possibility to transcribe and pay credit transfer fee through Neptun System (Finances / Payment / Transcribe item: Service – Registration fee of credit transfer request in the case of studies completed in non-Hungarien higher education institution 7000 HUF).
For further information, please read the Code of Studies and Examinations and the Code of Credit Transfer Procedure at the University of Pécs Medical School on the Registrar's Office website under Codes, orders, rules of procedures menu. Further information about the Credit Transfer Committee is available on the website of the Committee.